I decided to do white thread for the quilting on the white area (inpired by Nina Paley's recent "Air" quilt). I love how it turned out, lots of texture, but not distracting at all:
|I like to think they look like air currents.|
The white quilting went so fast! I realized the the choosing, placing, glueing, and sewing of the small pieces had been quite time consuming. After I finished the white I made lists of all the negative and positive words Matt and I had come up with. There were about 30. As I started sewing them onto the quilt, I thought of more and more, and soon had over 50. Since I finished sewing all those words on I've thought of maybe 10 more. Hopefully I'll have time to quilt them in tonight. Here are a few of the words we chose:
|"drugged" "disconnected" and "scared"|
|"guilt" "fear" and "frustrating"|
I then measured it a bunch and trimmed the edges so it would be square (or near it). Hopefully adding another 10 words wont put it out of whack.
|Ready for binding and a hanging sleeve!|
Wow, I just love it. It is everything I wanted and imagined it to be! I can't wait to finish and hang it over our bed! :-)