Friday, June 3, 2011

Log Cabin Baby quilt, Done!

Previous post about this quilt here.

Yesterday and today I worked on binding for this quilt and my Cesarean quilt.  For my Cesarean quilt I will hand stitch the binding on the back, but this quilt I decided to machine sew it on, so it went really quickly!

Inspired by this blogger, I tried free motion quilting the label into the binding...didn't turn out very well (should have used some type of stabilizer, oh well).  

So then I just used my trusty Crayola fabric markers to make a label.

Finished quilt!  Measures 39"x39"

Quilting detail

For backing I used some flannel out of my stash, which I really like the look and feel of, but it made quilting a lot more work!  I had no idea flannel produced so much more drag!


Now I can't wait to give it to the recipients and see if they like it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment