Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some side projects

This past week I've finished two quilts (the log cabin baby quilt and the cesarean quilt [more on that one later!]), and also did some other little sewing projects.  The first was making some swim diapers I found on SewMamaSew

The first one I made is on the left...it's a bit bigger.

I knew there would be a learning curve working with new materials, so I expected the first diaper to turn out not so great...which is exactly how it turned out.  I think with a little tweaking it will be a great diaper for later this year or next year, so it wasn't a complete waste!  The second diaper I basted the layers together before adding the elastic, and that helped quite a bit! 

Layers carefully basted so they don't shift while sewing on the elastic.

I'll probably use this pattern again to make some pull-up diapers once we're ready for them.  It was so easy to make these!

He loves wearing them!

I've also been working on making some sheets for the Peapod travel tent we just got.

I've been winging it...which means a lot of trial and error.

I was hoping elastic would work, but the sheet wasn't cut large enough:

It just slips off...the next sheet will have extra fabric so this will work.

Next I plan to try velcro. I hope it works, this small, simple project is taking up a lot of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment