Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bear Claw Progress!

In my last post, I mentioned my trouble with finding a good layout for this quilt.  I hate bending over, kneeling, and crawling around a lot to rearrange them a lot (I do it though).  When I told my husband this, he said we should design a program that can easily rearrange photos of the blocks, which was the same idea I had come up with too!  So maybe some day that will be a reality.  But until then, my husband played with the blocks and came up with a good layout.  I spent the weekend thinking about it, and came home sure it was the right layout.  Yay!

And finally yesterday my kiddo actually napped and I got to start sewing on the sashing.  It's a lot darker than I originally intended, but I still like it.

Dark brown sashing and green corner stones that match the squares in the center of the bear claw blocks.
 
I'm hoping to finish the quilt top by the end of the week, and start the quilting next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment