Sunday, November 27, 2011

Landscape Quilt update

Last updated here.  I got a lot done on this quilt before Thanksgiving, and finished the back yesterday.

Finished sewing on the hills!  Now to trim/square up the quilt top.

One of the piles of trimmings.

The other pile of trimmings.  This quilt seemed to produce a lot of scraps!  But I also used a lot of scraps.

One hour later (with my husband's math help), I was a very tired and hungry pregnant lady.  But happy to have this quilt near square!

Then the back:

Fabrics from my stash.

Cut into lots of variable width strips.

The back is an I-Spy (with a few strips for newborns--high contrasts and black whites).

Finished sewing the back together Friday night, I think.  I had planned to use some scraps of batting for this quilt, but I didn't have any pieces big enough (and refuse to have more than two seams in my batting).  I decided to buy a whole bolt of batting (90"x40 yards!), so I'm waiting for it to be delivered before I can do the quilting on this quilt.  I can't wait for that part!  The sky, mountains, and hills will all have different quilting, and texture.  It's really going to transform it and make it more alive, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment