Saturday, December 31, 2011

Baby Bird Quilt, finished!

Whew, I just barely finished this quilt (last blogged here) in the nick of time to meet my 2011 goal of making 11 quilts!

I really struggled with this quilt.  The layout I had planned I ended up not liking at all.  And then I didn't like the way the blocks looked next to each other.  And then I got fed up with the whole thing and didn't touch it for a week or two.  Then this week, with the New Year looming, I got to work and finished it up this morning!

Here's the final layout, with the thin sashing I finally decided on:


And here it is, all quilted, bound and washed! 

Front

For the back I used some fabrics from my stash and left overs from the front.

The finished size is about 48" x 58", which makes for a nice baby quilt.

Close up of the quilting.

The quilting seen on the back.  I started with the straight rows with my walking foot, and really didn't like them alone, so  I added the vines with my free motion foot and like it a lot now!

Label and close up of the binding.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.  Originally I was making it for my baby due in March, but now I'm not sure.  Guess I'll just see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment