First let me warn you that this post is extremely photo-heavy! Fifty-four photos, to be exact.
The last of the quilting went really quickly, and I finished up the quilt on Monday. I very nervously put it in the washing machine and dryer, and sure enough some of the writing (with the white and gold DecoFabric pens I had used on many blocks) had faded, or in some cases nearly washed out. And I was out of white ink. So I made the most of what I could before delivering the quilt to Jessica on Wednesday. But not before taking a LOT of photos. I took a photo of each block so that all the people that contributed (from all over the country) could see their block.
I should note that I did re-write 3 of the worst blocks. I hope they do better in future washings! Also, I gave Jessica all of the envelopes and notes that people sent in so that she would know what the notes said, regardless of the condition of the quilt, and so she would know where some of the unmarked blocks came from.
First, the finished quilt:
|Finished size is 72" x 60"|
The blocks are posted from top left to bottom right. There are 52!
|If someone sent fabric and no note, I left their block blank.|
|This one's writing washed out the worst. I redid it, so hopefully it'll last a little longer.|
|Morgan sent me a note to write on the quilt, and I picked out the fabric for it. Hope he likes mermaids ;-)|
|This is the quilt label, on the back of the quilt.|
I am so relieved to have this quilt finished before my baby is born! I wish it had been done a month earlier, but there were quite a few things out of my control that slowed me down.
Huge thank you to everyone that sent in fabric! I hope that everyone is happy with what I did with their fabric, I tried to honor each piece the best I could. But more than anything, I hope that Jessica likes the quilt and it helps her through this incredibly hard time in her life!