I actually finished the quilting about a month ago, but then it sat around while I procrastinated on trimming the edges and then deciding on and making the binding. I considered several binding options, but never really liked any of them enough to do anything.
And then we went on vacation to California for 9 days (including three days of driving), and the quilt got pushed aside in the preparations. When we got back I wanted to finish it up fast so I could get on to the next quilt(s)! Since our house is still on the market I try not to have more than a couple of projects going at once so they're easy to make look presentable should there be a showing.
Anyway, I dug around in my stash and found this perfect stripey fabric that matches the back so well! But in my excitement I didn't calculate the binding correctly and was short about 10 inches. So, in following with the rest of the quilt too-short-add-something-else form, I added a little piece of scrap binding I had.
Well anyway, I finished the quilt a week ago and it took until yesterday to remember to photograph it.
|The finished quilt measures 58" x 72". You can see the mis-matched binding bit on the right.|
|The back really shows off the quilting--I did straight lines in the sashing with my walking foot and free-motion spirals in the blocks.|
|Used my new fabric pen for the label--I got a Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric and it works great.|
|The block that started it all.|
|Close up of other blocks.|
|A better look at the binding.|
|Happy to have my second quilt of the year finished!|
Still not sure what to do with this quilt. I've been thinking of donating it, or giving it away to someone, or just keeping it on the couch....until I decide it will continue keeping the chair in the corner warm.