|Loops on the pink border, feathers on the burgundy border.|
When I bought the thread I thought I was only going to be using it on the burgundy border, but then ended up also using it across the triangles. The last time I quilted feathers I quilted them towards me, due to the direction of the spiral. This time I decided to quilt them so they would 'grow' away from me, if that makes any sense! I think I like this way a little better, but after doing feathers across a king size quilt, I am comfortable with both directions.
|The pink border loops.|
You can see in the pink border that the loops started out (on the bottom half of the photo) pretty wonky and crooked, but by the time I quilted all the way around, I had a good rhythm and method and they're a lot more even and straight (top half of the photo). The print in the pink border helps mask most of the little mistakes, thankfully.
You can see on this photo how the loops on the inner border had issues around the corners. I wish I had sat down with a pen and paper to really figure out the best way to get around the corners...but when I got to the first one while quilting I just kept going! I know it could look better, but considering this is for a 1 year old, I'm okay with the way it turned out.
My daugher's birthday is on Tuesday, and if I manage to get the binding fabric soon, I may just finish this quilt in time!