The last week of sewing has been pretty slow, mostly due to everyone having a cold to some degree. We seem to have picked up one that just goes on and on and on! Ugh! I did finally finish all 20 of the ChrisBobSquarePants blocks!
|From the LynneBobSquarePants tutorial.|
|Still working on the layout.|
Once I finished those block I went back to my lone star quilt.
I'm kind of stuck on how to quilt it. I know how I want to quilt it (like this, thanks Pinterest for setting my expectations for this quilt way too high). The problem is I don't know how to execute that on this double sided quilt, especially without the template/ruler. And I only want the grey star to be quilted like that, and there is also the issue of the quilting on the both stars interfering with each other in the middle of the quilt. This quilt got so complicated!
I decided to at least outline one of the stars, that way it's easier to see where it is on the other side. But what I realized is that the basting is not good enough. I think this is a quilt that would really benefit from using spray basting. So it's on hold until I am able to get some tomorrow!