And the current condition of the blocks, after finishing all 64, plus redoing a few!
|The bottom 3-4 rows are still all stacked weird, but I think you can see the general shape of it!|
I took on this quilt thinking it would be fast and easy, and fun...and then I got really into the design of it, and wanted to make a really cool Starry Night quilt...and although it is certainly more difficult and time consuming, it is way more awesome and challenging (in a good way). And the results so far have definitely justified the process!
I did managed to get it all done by last night, so today I am cleaning my sewing table (yaaaay all the scrap chaos was starting to get to me!), which looked like this yesterday:
|Scraps across three tables!|
To this today:
|oh, well, now it doesn't look so bad...|
There's a lot there though, and I think when I'm done piecing together this quilt I'll give most of them away, assuming someone wants them. Time to go work on something else for a few days!