I've been resisting joining in on this blog hop for a couple months now--it's been a busy summer and I didn't find the questions very inspiring. Regardless, on the 6th invitation I finally relented:
1. What am I working on?
Trying to finish up these months-long WIPs before I start on another large commission:
|A feather mini.|
|Bee mini, still trying to decide on backing fabric.|
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I really don't look for the differences or similarities between my work and others. I am constantly inspired and affected by what I see others do, and I try to cite those that have inspired my work by linking to them. I think this question might be better answered by my followers--what do YOU think makes my work different than the other quilt bloggers out there?
3. Why do I write/create what I do?
Because it fulfills my creative tendencies and challenges and focuses me mentally. It also gives me something productive to do outside of the normal Mom duties.
4. How does my writing/creating process work?
In simple terms: Daydream, research, design/draw, work through the construction, research, quilt, bind, photograph, blog, done.
Rather than tag a bunch of new people, I'm going to link back to the friendly bloggers that invited me to join in and have supported my blogging--some of them are more active on IG, so I've included their user names there too (please let me know if I've missed any!):
- Faith from Will It Never End
- Julie from 627 Handworks @juliehirt
- Leanne from Devoted Quilter @devotedquilter
- Jessica from Quilty Habit @quiltyhabit
- Jess from Elven Garden @theelvengarden
- Sophie from Sophie Junction
- Amanda from The Cozy Pumpkin @thecozypumpkin
- Lori from SewPsyched! @sewpsyched
- Laura from Little and Lots @littleandlots
- Afton from Quilting Mod
I love that these ladies thought of me and have been apart of my community of quilty friends! I'm frequently blown away by their kindness and generosity. And continuously thankful for their support!