Is this month flying by for anyone else? It's already more than half over (and Thanksgiving is next week!!) and I have finished any of the projects on my to-do list. The good news I should finish 3 of them this week!
|What's on my design wall right now.|
1. My QuiltCon challenge quilt using the Michael Miller cotton couture pastel fabrics is al.most.done.finally. That quilt has challenged me in more ways than expected! Needs to be trimmed, bound, photographed and submitted.
2. I've been slowly working on the commissioned Museum Medallion quilt (center of photo above)--hoping to finish by the end of the year, stretch goal is by Christmas.
3. A birthday gift for the Birthday Bash swap--trying to keep it mostly secret still! Planning to mail it out on Friday and be able to share photos of it by next Friday.
4. My Museum Medallion prototype turned out so nice I turned it into a mini quilt for the #igminiswap, needs to be bound and mailed out beginning of December.
5. And last but certainly not least, my Sisterhood of the Traveling Quilts quilt returned last week!!
|Traveling quilt contributors: Laura from Little and Lots, Jessica from Quilty Habit and Ashley from Wasn't Quilt in a Day.|
I gave them the color palette and the theme "quilts of a feather" and this is what they gave me! I love what these ladies added to this quilt and can.not.wait to finish this quilt (one more border to add) and quilt it up! I had hoped to submit it to QuiltCon as well, but don't think 10 days to finish it by the deadline is enough, especially with a big holiday and house guests next week.
|Corner detail. Look at all that pretty!|
This quilt needs better than a rush job, and after trudging through the pastel challenge quilt I just want to enjoy this one! Plus I'm still waiting on a fabric order for the last border and the backing.
Hope everyone has been having a productive and hopefully less insane month! I'm planning to be back to blogging a little more regularly next month :-)