My latest TARDIS quilt is finished! The weather has been quite gloomy and soggy lately, so I'm afraid these photos are not the best. If you'd like to see more photos of my TARDIS quilts, you can see my first one here and my second one here. On with the show!
|A fancy TARDIS quilt!|
The front is a cheater panel (which means the tardis and stars are printed on the fabric--I didn't piece those together) I bought from Spoonflower. I had this one printed on the Basic Cotton Ultra, which is said to have better washability and color brightness (the one I had printed on the Kona cotton faded terribly in the first two washes). You have to sign up as a beta tester, but it is definitely worth it as the fabric held up to washing much better (I prewashed the fabric and washed the quilt when it was done and it still looked great).
|TARDIS quilt detail.|
I quilted the TARDIS using Aurifil #2740 (dark cobalt) and #2605 (grey) in the bobbin so the quilting would show up nicely on the Kona Navy backing:
|TARDIS quilt back detail.|
In the grey areas and around the lettering I used Superior So Fine #411 (black):
|TARDIS quilt sign detail.|
I used one layer of Warm and Natural batting and Kona Charcoal for the binding.
|TARDIS quilt custom Gallifreyan panel.|
|TARDIS quilt other panels quilted with wood grain.|
It finished at about 39" x 68" I think--I forgot to measure it after the first wash.
|TARDIS quilt back.|
Hurray for my first finish of 2015!