When Yvonne @QuiltingJetGirl announced doing a link up for 2016 Quilty Resolutions I had already started on my list. Before I get to the new list I want to review my list for 2015:
1. I want to get a longarm (quilting machine) this year! [this did not happen, like I so hoped. But I am committed to making it happen in 2016!]
2. No more big swaps! [I think I did pretty good with this, with a couple of fairly disappointing exceptions]
3. Give back by making and donating a quilt. [you can see the Ocean Study baby quilt I made and donated here]
4. Go on a quilting retreat! [I went to QuiltBliss and had a blast!]
5. Make more clothes. [I made a Ginger skirt, Sorbetto top, City Gym shorts, a washi and a date night dress.]
7. Saying NO--[pleased to say I did say no to quite a few things, and also stepped down from positions that were stressful and draining]
8. Continue to develop relationships with other quilters both online through my blog and IG and in real life through my local guilds. [Definitely have accomplished this!]
9. Stop making quilts to enter in shows! [I did really good on this, except for the QuiltCon EZ challenge]
10. Make myself a new bed quilt! [UGH, nope]
|Teal and grey fabric stash.|
11. Enter my quilts in at least two quilt show (state fair doesn't count). [QuiltCon and MQX NE]
12. Buy fabric with more intention. What I mean by this is to think more critically about the fabric I want. [I think I did better about this this year! The problem is there is so much lovely fabric coming out constantly!]
13. Continue with this motto: "Start where you are, use what you have." [Definitely been following this]
14. Destash some fabric! [I was able to destash some, but have a new pile I need to sell or get rid of]
15. Start teaching! [I taught a program at one ABQMQG meeting, but I am still looking for other good opportunities to teach what I love]
1. "Do not give from the depths of your own well; give only from its overflow." This quote resonated with me so much, which brings us to #2:
2. NO new swaps. I have one swap to finish this year, one for next month and a one later in the year. I hope to refrain from signing up for any more! I really want to have the freedom of time and creativity to make things for myself.
|2015 swap and giveaway quilts (plus 2 I'm working on right now!).|
|In an Angela Walter's class at QuiltCon.|
4. No challenge quilts unless the challenge fulfills a quilt idea I already have and want to explore.
|Crystal City at the state fair.|
5. Submit quilts to at least 3 shows other than the State Fair (ie QuiltCon, MQX, APS, HMQS, etc).
6. Donate another quilt! I love that this has been a tradition for me since 2012.
7. Make the grey and teal bed quilt!
|My teal and grey fabrics today. Ready to be made into an epic quilt!|
8. Continue to cultivate genuine friendships with people within the quilty community, both in person (I'll be at QuiltCon West!) and online.
9. Write and release the paper piecing pattern for the Pythagorean Spiral quilt:
|Pythagorean Spiral Quilt|
10. Listen to and follow my inner Quilty Spirit more and stay away from the trends and hype that are not in line with my interests.
So, have you thought about what your goals or resolutions for the next year? Link them up with Quilting Jetgirl!