It's time for an update on my 2016 Quilty Resolutions!
1. "Do not give from the depths of your own well; give only from its overflow."
- I think I've been doing better at this this year.
- I am not good at this. But this year I am being VERY selective in which swaps and groups I participate with and making sure the other people are full of integrity. I think I've only swapped 4 mini quilts and given away one.
|All the quilts from my Mythological Creature Series (so far)--all made for swaps or gift.|
- Honestly not sure about this one anymore...although I'm likely to change my mind while quilting my next large quilt, haha. The idea was certainly on hold during my 2 month sewing slump. I will say that doing at a business is no longer a goal, if I get a long arm it will be for me to use as I see fit for my hobby. Business may still come later, I do want to keep that option open for the future.
- So far so good! I have yet to find any challenges worth entering.
- So far this year I've had quilts shown at MQX New England and the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, have had two quilts juried into an AQS show (Grand Rapids and Chattanooga!), and entered another quilt to MQX Midwest.
- No update on this, yet.
- Finally started on this!!
|Grey and Teal New York Beauty medallion center|
8. Continue to cultivate genuine friendships with people within the quilty community, both in person (I'll be at QuiltCon West!) and online.
- Feeling pretty good about this so far!
- Ummm no update on this :-/ Totally intimidated with it.
|Pythagorean Spiral Quilt|
10. Listen to and follow my inner Quilty Spirit more and stay away from the trends and hype that are not in line with my interests.
- My Quilty Spirit and I have much better communication and understanding this year. I mean, apparently it went on vacation without me, but other than that we're good.
So I'm doing pretty good on my list so far! Did you have a quilty resolution for this year? How is it going so far?