|Out of the Woods (Meadow Quilt): block corners all cut out.|
It was really frustrating, so I only worked on the quilt in small bursts. This week I felt like doing some piecing (especially after that big whole cloth I just finished!) and got out this quilt again since it was already cut and ready. I was mostly please with how the blocks sewed up, but there were quite a few (out of 20) that still came out wonky and a little wavy (though significantly less so than with the original template Lizzy gave out!). This one wasn't 12.5" square, and had a few small waves:
|Out of the Woods (Meadow Quilt): problem block.|
I took it back to my ironing board, re-sprayed it with starch and pressed it while gently pulling it slightly into the right shape. Not an ideal solution, but it worked well enough that I could trim it to 12.5" square:
|Out of the Woods (Meadow Quilt): re-pressed and trimmed block|
Piecing all 20 blocks took only one day of work! Today I worked on making border blocks, and now I'm ready to sew it all together:
This quilt is being worked on by shear stubbornness and determination to actually finish it. The colors, mixed low volume and quilt pattern aren't at all my style. I'm trying embrace it and enjoy the process though. Plus I'm using up a decent amount of my stash fabrics!